The Teacher Support Intern plays a vital role at Million Dollar Teacher Project. As the Teacher Support Intern, you will gain firsthand knowledge of the inner workings of a classroom and the education system. You will also develop professional communication and managerial skills. By the end of the semester, the Teacher Support Intern will have acquired both hard and soft skills that will appeal to employers of any sector.
The Million Dollar Teacher Project is a non-profit organization that’s mission is to empower teachers. Beginning with recognition and support, our long-term objective is to raise compensation for teachers. At MDTP we believe that “to create amazing students, we need amazing teachers” and we want to be a driving force behind supporting and retaining great educators. We are seeking hardworking, passionate interns who are looking to grow and develop both personally and professionally, all while making an impact on their community.
- Manage the operations of the Classroom Support Team and Million Dollar
Teacher Tree (MDTT) programs
- Work with teachers and team members to ensure weekly journals are being completed
- Take the lead in running Million Dollar Teacher Tree at Scottsdale Fashion Square during the back-to-school season
- Will be handling all teachers requests for items and supplies needed for Million Dollar Teacher Tree
- Manage communication between school, community and business partners involved with the Million Dollar Teacher Tree
- Attend monthly Classroom Support Team meetings
- Create Classroom Support Team reports based off CST journals and data
- Recruit, train, and orient new Classroom Support Team members
- Other duties as assigned
Benefits and Opportunities
- Valuable experience that easily translates to any career path
- Exposure to all different aspects of what it takes to run an organization
- From marketing to strategy development you will be involved in all components of business operations
- A variety of leadership opportunities
- A chance to be a part of major decisions that impact the company
- Measurable results that can be displayed and proven to future employers
- A recommendation from a well-respected business owner and community activist
- Can be a letter of recommendation or highlight on website
- Feature on our site will be something you can take with you to any job
- Countless opportunities to network and form long-lasting professional relationships
- We partner with businesses in all kinds of industries – from the music industry to city governments, there are PLENTY of networking opportunities
- You will get to form long-lasting professional relationships that are priceless for young professionals
- A sense of accomplishment and pride knowing what you do makes an impact!
- Help improve your community and your resume at the same time.
- Feeling of accomplishment/pride knowing you were a part of something bigger
- A fun, collaborative environment that plays to individual strengths
- We all are working towards the same goal, and as a result, everyone is passionate and involved
- FLEXIBLE opportunities to contribute that work with any schedule
- Most of our events involve free food
- At MDTP the advancement of others is our mission!
- From our CEO to our newest volunteer, the MDTP family constantly helps each other grow and develop – both personally, and professionally!
- Part-time/full time positions available
- Possess a good attitude, hard work ethic, and a passion for helping communities
- Maintain a minimum 3.0 GPA
- All majors welcomed
- Internship range is August 1st- May 31st
- Must be at least 16 years old
- You do NOT have to be enrolled in school to apply
- This is a stipend position.
- Other benefits may vary