The Teacher Recognition Intern plays a vital role at Million Dollar Teacher Project. You will gain firsthand knowledge of the inner workings of a nonprofit, and you will develop professional communication and leadership skills. By the end of the semester, the Teacher Recognition Intern will have acquired both hard and soft skills that will appeal to employers of any sector.
The Million Dollar Teacher Project is a non-profit organization that’s mission is to empower teachers. Beginning with recognition and support, our long-term objective is to raise compensation for teachers. At MDTP we believe that “to create amazing students, we need amazing teachers” and we want to be a driving force behind supporting and retaining great educators. We are seeking hardworking, passionate interns who are looking to grow and develop both personally and professionally, all while making an impact on their community.
- Manage business partnership for our Take a Teacher to Lunch program
- Assist in creating new business relationships to support both our Take a Teacher to Lunch and One in a Million programs
- Coordinate the catering provided by our restaurant partners for each Take a Teacher to Lunch celebration
- Manage the Take a Teacher to Lunch program calendar
- Volunteer management and recruitment for the Take a Teacher to Lunch program
- Assist with expanding our current sponsorship program
- Facilitate communication between teachers and media partners involved with the One In a Million program
- Manage the teacher nomination process for the One in a Million program
- Manage the program data collection process through the administration of pre and post event surveys for Take a Teacher to Lunch
- Other duties as assigned
Benefits and Opportunities
- Valuable experience that easily translates to any career path
- Exposure to all different aspects of what it takes to run an organization
- From marketing to strategy development, you will be involved in all components of business operations
- A variety of leadership opportunities
- A chance to be a part of major decisions that impact the company
- Measurable results that can be displayed and proven to future employers
- A recommendation from a well-respected business owner and community activist
- Can be a letter of recommendation or highlight on website
- Feature on our site will be something you can take with you to any job
- Countless opportunities to network and form long-lasting professional relationships
- We partner with businesses in all kinds of industries – from the music industry to city governments, there are PLENTY of networking opportunities
- You will get to form long-lasting professional relationships that are priceless for young professionals
- A sense of accomplishment and pride knowing what you do makes an impact!
- Help improve your community and your resume at the same time.
- Feeling of accomplishment/pride knowing you were a part of something bigger
- A fun, collaborative environment that plays to individual strengths
- We all are working towards the same goal, and as a result, everyone is passionate and involved
- FLEXIBLE opportunities to contribute that work with any schedule
- Most of our events involve free food
- At MDTP the advancement of others is our mission!
- From our CEO to our newest volunteer, the MDTP family constantly helps each other grow and develop – both personally, and professionally!
- Part-time/full time positions available
- Possess a good attitude, hard work ethic, and a passion for helping communities
- Maintain a minimum 3.0 GPA
- All majors welcomed
- Internship range is August 1st- May 31st
- Must be at least 16 years old
- You do NOT have to be enrolled in school to apply
- Candidates with a fingerprint clearance card preferred
- This is a stipend position.
- Other benefits may vary
Post a comment