Are you interested in supporting teachers in innovate ways that do not involve being in the classroom? Be a special events management intern! You will gain experience in event planning and organization, fundraising, and donation solicitation. You will meet and forge partnerships with local business leaders and make other valuable connections within the community– All while celebrating teachers! This position is perfect for those who are interested in hospitality or non-profit leadership, or for those who love to plan events.
The Million Dollar Teacher Project is a non-profit organization that’s mission is to empower teachers. Beginning with recognition and support, our long-term objective is to raise compensation for teachers. At MDTP we believe that “to create amazing students, we need amazing teachers” and we want to be a driving force behind supporting and retaining great educators. We are seeking hardworking, passionate interns who are looking to grow and develop personally and professionally, all while making an impact on their community.
- Manage special event operations/logistics for several events:
- From booking venues and catering to event volunteer recruitment- you’ll gain experience in all aspects of major event planning
- Create partnerships with the business community
- Develop a contact strategy for potential partners and sponsors
- Solicit sponsors
- Distribute sponsorship packets to potential sponsors
- Participate in staff meetings
- Other duties as assigned
Benefits and Opportunities
- Valuable experience that easily translates to any career path
- Exposure to all different aspects of what it takes to run an organization.
- From marketing to strategy development you will be involved in all components of business operations.
- A variety of leadership opportunities!
- A chance to be a part of major decisions that impact the company.
- Measurable results that can be displayed and proven to future employers.
- A recommendation from a well-respected business owner and community activist
- Can be a letter of recommendation or highlight on a website.
- Feature on our site will be something you can take with you to any job.
- Opportunities to network and form long-lasting relationships
- We partner with businesses in all kinds of industries – from the music industry to city governments, there are PLENTY of networking opportunities!
- You will get to form long-lasting professional relationships that are priceless for young professionals.
- A sense of accomplishment and pride knowing what you do makes an impact!
- Help improve your community and your resume at the same time.
- Feeling of accomplishment/pride knowing you were a part of something bigger!
- A fun, collaborative environment that plays to individual strengths
- We all are working towards the same goal, and as a result, everyone is passionate and involved
- FLEXIBLE opportunities to contribute that work with any schedule
- Most of our events involve free food!
- Funding opportunities? School credit hours?
- At MDTP the advancement of others is our mission!
- From our CEO to our newest volunteer, the MDTP family constantly helps each other grow and develop – both personally, and professionally!
- Part-time/full time available
- Possess a good attitude, hard work ethic, and a passion for helping communities
- All majors welcomed
- 3.0 GPA, Special Events or Communications Majors preferred
- Internship ranges August 1st- May 31st
- Must be at least 16 years old
- You do NOT have to be enrolled in school to apply
- This is a stipend position. *
- Other benefits may vary