Are you good at creating eye-catching content? Are you a master of social media? Do you want to learn about business and marketing? Million Dollar Teacher Project’s Marketing Internship is for you! You will be developing content that markets MDTP and its events. You will also be creating verbiage and ensuring it is used consistently across all platforms. You will gain familiarity with a variety of platforms and programs, which will appeal to employers and colleges.
The Million Dollar Teacher Project is a non-profit organization that’s mission is to elevate the teaching profession through increased teacher compensation, recognition, and support. We develop grassroots, community-centered programs to meaningfully impact those three pillars (compensation, support, recognition). At MDTP we believe that “to create amazing students, we need amazing teachers” and we want to be a driving force behind supporting and retaining great educators. We are seeking hard working, passionate volunteers/interns who are looking to grow and develop personally and professionally, all while making an impact on their community.
- Assist in the creation of signage, mockups, email campaigns and social media content in alignment with the MDTP brand to aid the organization in increasing brand awareness
- Research and analyze competitor marketing material and digital content to enhance the organization’s engagement strategies
- Create and maintain tracking reports of digital and traditional marketing efforts
- Assist in planning and implementing MDTP special events
- Research and develop strategies to increase MDTP donor and stakeholder engagement
- Research and plan strategies for MDTP’s strategic involvement in community events and activities
- Researching and conducting outreach to potential business, media and community partners
Benefits and Opportunities
- Valuable experience that easily translates to any career path
- Exposure to all different aspects of what it takes to run an organization.
- From marketing to strategy development you will be involved in all components of business operations.
- A variety of leadership opportunities!
- A chance to be a part of major decisions that impact the company.
- Measurable results that can be displayed and proven to future employers.
- A recommendation from a well-respected business owner and community activist
- Can be a letter of recommendation or highlight on a website.
- Feature on our site will be something you can take with you to any job.
- Opportunities to network and form long-lasting relationships
- We partner with businesses in all kinds of industries – from the music industry to city governments, there are PLENTY of networking opportunities!
- You will get to form long-lasting professional relationships that are priceless for young professionals.
- A sense of accomplishment and pride knowing what you do makes an impact!
- Help improve your community and your resume at the same time.
- Feeling of accomplishment/pride knowing you were a part of something bigger!
- A fun, collaborative environment that plays to individual strengths
- We all are working towards the same goal, and as a result, everyone is passionate and involved
- FLEXIBLE opportunities to contribute that work with any schedule
- Most of our events involve free food!
- Funding opportunities? School credit hours?
- At MDTP the advancement of others is our mission!
- From our CEO to our newest volunteer, the MDTP family constantly helps each other grow and develop – both personally, and professionally!
- Part-time/full time positions available
- Possess a good attitude, hard work ethic, and a passion for helping communities
- Maintain a minimum 3.0 GPA, Marketing majors (or related degree) preferred
- All majors welcomed
- Internship range is August 1st- May 31st
- Must be at least 16 years old
- You do NOT have to be enrolled in school to apply
- This is a stipend position.
- Other benefits may vary
Post a comment